Friday, February 19, 2010

"In response to the Taylor Swift article we read and discussed about in class, what is one song that means something to you? Is it by your favorite artist? Analyze the lyrics (if there are any). When listening to the song, what images come to mind? Why?"

One song that means a lot to me is "Pursuit of Happiness" by Kid Cudi. This song means a lot to me because it sends a good message about optimistic thinking. The lyrics send a good message about how you always need to see the bright side of things. I truly believe in optimistic thinking because it helps inspire you to do great things and help others. Kid Cudi is also one of my favorite artists. His songs really inspire me to become a better person and send a better outlook on how I see the world, being more positive.

3 comments:

  1. I know the song you are talking about and I agree it is a great song. My favorite line is "Imma do just what I want lookin’ ahead no turnin’ back. If I fall if I die know I lived it to the fullest" because even if he doesn't do something as great as he wanted he would have done his best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I really like Kid Cudi too and MGMT as well. This song has a great beat and good message and is definitely sung by awesome artist. Good choice man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know this one, but from your comments it sounds like its got a pretty good tone. Positive music is essential sometimes.

    ReplyDelete